Ok, so have you done any of the following?
- Locked yourself in the toilet because you just wanted to check your Instagram account?
- Gone through the laundry basket of dirty clothes looking for that school PE top that you are sure you washed but obviously didn’t?
- Had “help yourself night” rather than cooking too many times in one week?
- Been to Ikea just to feed the kids the cheap meatballs?
- Both pretended to be asleep when your kid comes in at night for the hundredth time?
- Sent the children to school a bit poorly when really they should be at home but you’ve had to go to work? (Shhh)
- Let your child go out as Batman because you had no clean clothes?
- Put that spare T-shirt on your child’s bottom because you forgot the nappy bag?
- When their breakfast is toast and a water bottle in the car as you were late to get up?
- Eaten your kids Easter eggs/sweets/party bag cake because they have too many and you needed sugar?
- Not brushed your child’s hair for a week?
- Let your child go to bed as Batman because he just won’t change into PJ’s?
- Hidden toys under anything possible when your mum or mother-in-law is coming for a cuppa?
- You’ve told your children that the Tooth Fairy must have been really busy as she didn’t come in the night (oops) Then loved the look on their faces when the Tooth Fairy came during breakfast -“yes, you must have just missed her!?”
- Had a phone call from Nursery to find out where you were and you’ve lied about being in traffic when actually you were asleep?
- Let your kids watch films back-to-back because you are just too tired?
Well I must be a bad parent because I’ve done all of these. My children have survived. It’s ok! Be a “bad” parent once in a while and your children may actually thank you for it. Being perfect is just too exhausting!
Have a great day!
OH THE JOYS OF LIVING IN THE OLD HOUSE IN THE SHIRES.