It’s the end of another school year and everything is rush, rush, rush!
You know it’s the end of the school year when:
- If someone asks you for anything, you lose the plot…literally. Do NOT ask me for one more thing! Triple this for teaching parents…..
- The kids look like they have been dragged through a hedge backwards. Their shoes don’t fit, trousers up to their ankles and hair needs a cut. If your child is in Year 6 or 11, times this by 10. Then they want your child to look “smart” for the end of term assembly. Hmmmmm
- The school send home “stuff.” It seems that every picture and book has been hiding in some drawer has been released and brought home in the customary plastic bag (so that’s what that huge plastic bag was for!)
- Talking of drawers….your child tidies their school drawer and finds several pound coins (oops that was the charity hair day money), 20 hair slides, 4 erasers, 16 chewed pencils and a party invitation from Sam dated 4 months previously.
- You keep getting emails from Mrs Organised for money for Mrs Teacher, Mr Head and Mrs Lovely the TA. In the end, you forget to give money to Mrs Organised and end up getting chocolates from the garage.
- Pack lunches get really, really boring as you haven’t had time to go supermarket shopping for 3 weeks.
- Your child’s teacher looks like she/he may pass out with tiredness or has the “I’ve only got Johnny in my class for 10 more days” look of glee on their face.
- Even the Headteacher looks like they need a stiff drink or a hair brush.
- You have overslept every morning for the last week.
- You realise that in less than 2 weeks, you have the children at home for 6 weeks…..and you’ve spent all your extra money on those gorgeous shoes….
So there we have it!
Happy Summer everyone! I will be taking a blogging break at some point in the next few weeks so have a safe and relaxing break!
OH THE JOYS OF LIVING IN THE OLD HOUSE IN THE SHIRES.