My daughter turns 18 this weekend.
HOW DID THAT HAPPEN? Time goes by so fast doesn’t it? Before you blink, they have changed from babies to school children. Before you turn around they are going OUT. It’s crazy how quickly this last 5 years have flown by. I mean it was 2010 last year wasn’t it??
Over the last few weeks, I have been thinking about my daughter (obviously) but I have also been thinking about all those things that I must have said over the years during my journey of parenting teenagers. All the things, perhaps that are the most pointless things from a teenagers perspective but parents say anyway! My teens are often reminding me how stupid I sound sometimes but, as parents, we can’t help it right?
1. Did you go to the toilet before we left home? Ur…I’m 17.
2. Can you get the chicken out of the freezer? I’ll do it in a minute.
3. You got a parcel this morning but I wasn’t in, sorry. Mum! I need that top for tonight!!
4. You could get the hoover out if you’re bored. O.k. But no, I’m not that bored, thanks.
5. Can’t you wear shoes like a normal person? I like wearing socks outside in the rain.
6. Do I need to stop the car?? Obviously not (rolls eyes…)
7. Is this Madonna/Wham/some other group from the 80’s? OMG how old ARE you?
8. No? Oh, is it Stormzy? *spits out drink
9. Did you know that Kylie Kardashian called her baby after Stormzy? 👌🤪😂
10. Can you come down for tea and don’t forget to wash your hands! On my way! I’ll just finish this text…..
11. Do we need milk/bread/biscuits? Of course, stupid question.
12. No one ever helps around here! I’m always helping around here!
13. You are all so lazy! OMG if you only knew how much homework I have…actually…
14. Don’t tell me you need a clean shirt? Have you polished your shoes? I told you I needed a shirt! Or did I? You’re my mother aren’t you?? These shoes are fine!
15. You forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer! Oh yeah………
16. Who is Megan? Do I know Megan? Is it the Megan that we met at the school play? Oh….no, I don’t know that Megan. Noooo, you don’t know Megan…..told you.
17. Calls cats names, dogs name, cousins name always before your name. My name is the one you gave me woman!
18. Can you come down here NOW! Tea is ON THE TABLE (it’s not quite…) I’m just finishing this text and it’s not in the table!
19. Have you done your homework? Yes. (No).
20. You will thank me one day. Probably. X
Happy Birthday to my lovely girl.xx