Here is my latest 6 on Saturday post. If you would like to join in with this meme do check out The propagators blog to find out more.
This week the Old House garden has noticeably grown with all the rain we have had here in Wiltshire. After the hot, sunny weather of last weekend, this cold weather has been a shock! I’m back in my coat and boots! Ah well, the joys of spring in the U.K. The garden has obviously enjoyed it.
Here are my 6 this Saturday:
1. The lilac is just flowering and the smell is delicious. This shrub was behind an old tree stump which we took out building the new pond. Since that has gone, it’s giving this area a little more light and this lilac has almost appeared from nowhere.
2. The Marsh Marigold in the pond is flowering. I only put this plant in the new pond 4 weeks ago so it’s doing really well here. I saw some newts in the pond today so it’s so exciting to see this wildlife pond take off.
3. My Magnolia. I was worried a few weeks ago because it looked very unhappy but it now has decided to flower so I’m relived it is ok. I only planted this last year and it looks stunning in flower.
4. Crab Apple blossom. I love seeing the blossoms in the trees as it’s such a pretty sight.
5. Cowslips. I found these growing near the old pond and they are so dainty and pretty. They remind me of when I was younger as they would be growing everywhere but now you don’t see them as much which is a shame.
6. Cherry blossom. I actually took this photo earlier in the week when the sun was shining!
That was my 6 this Saturday. Let’s hope for warmer weather this week.
A blog about the renovation of our old house and it’s garden in the English countryside. I also blog about interiors, general gardening tips and visits to glorious gardens.