Link Parties are a great way to help your blog grow. A link party is a place to post your new blog post and read other posts in return. They are hosted by various bloggers and there are lots to choose from. I have a monthly garden one called #MyGloriousGardens.
I love joining Linkies. It’s definitely helped me to ‘meet’ new bloggers but also helps your new blog posts to be exposed to more readers. You also ‘get to know’ other bloggers within the community which is also a way to expose your content to new readers as they will often retweet or reblog a great post for you.
Here are my top link parties that I regularly join.
Mummy Times Two
Monthly link Parties
This is my Linky and it runs from the 1st of each month and is dedicated to Gardens/Garden reviews/Garden products/outdoor posts. At the end of the month, I post a roundup post of all the entries.
I’m sure there are many more but these are the ones I regularly post to.
After a break from blogging and apart from writing about that amazing break, I’m a bit stuck….I think this is normal but I’m never quiet…it’s just not me! I think being away from my blog has helped me realise that well, it’s taken over my life just a teeny bit??Maybe having Bloggers Block is a good thing?
Apparently I need to write a post like…
“10 ways to cure your Blogging Writers Block.”
“How to overcome writers block when blogging in 5 easy steps.”
It’s good for SEO apparently.
So……..here are my 5 easy steps to curing my blogging Block.
1. Get a coffee.
2. Tit about on social media for a bit.
3. Read that book that has been lying by your bed for months whilst you have been blogging.
4. Talk to your family.
5. Resume normal life.
I hope that my Bloggers Block is not terminal. I’m off into my garden for a bit…..
I have learnt so much as a new blogger in the past 9 months!
I thought I would share my top 5 tips for all beginner bloggers. I hope they prove useful to you!
1. Write, write and write some more! Writing will help you find your style and that is what will help to bring readers to your site. If you are writing interesting or readable posts, readers will come back for more.
2. Connect with other bloggers. I found many on my social media sites. Read lots of different blogs and write comments. I spend most evenings reading and commenting on other people’s blogs as it’s such a great way to meet people! Other bloggers are a friendly bunch and most will offer advice if you ask. Be yourself. It’s great to get ideas from other bloggers but you do need to find your own voice. It has taken me a good few months to feel really happy with the direction of my blog and that’s ok. You may play around with your blog for a while and that’s ok too! A piece of friendly advice though, add social media buttons to your blog. Others may not want to follow you as an email subscriber but they may follow you on Instagram or Twitter.
3. Link up at link parties or using Linky badges. They are hosted at other bloggers site (I have a garden one) and you can read a variety of posts from bloggers who have also linked up. My favourites are on my widget (the side panel). They are a fun way to connect with others and I love the fact that I’m connecting with some of the same bloggers each week so you begin to feel part of a blogging community.
4. Do you like this badge? I know the bicycle has nothing to do with blogging! I just love the photo! I made this using Canva. This is a graphic design service where you can drop and select pictures, photos and texts to create badges, social media graphics and invites. It has lots of layouts already so it’s really simple and slightly addictive!
5. Find free photos at unsplash a great site if you need a free photo. There are loads on this site and you don’t have to worry about copyright. Photos do make your post more interesting for your reader. I have also learnt that if you click on the photo, you can add a comment to it.
I hope you found this useful. Please do contact me if you want any help. I will give it if I can. I’m still learning too but I would be interested if you agree with my 5 tips.
My blog is not self hosted yet. I will attempt this one day but for now I am with WordPress and am very happy with it. There is a great community using WordPress so you could also pop along to the Community pool to meet other bloggers.
OH THE JOYS OF LIVING IN THE OLD HOUSE IN THE SHIRES.